Education Abroad & Overseas Campuses is here to support you as you prepare for your study abroad experience. This page provides an overview of how we help.
Once accepted, we provide you with detailed pre-departure materials designed to guide you in preparing yourself for your time abroad. Pre-departure materials include:
- Course registration information
- Passport information and visa information
- Health and safety information
- Housing information
- Cultural preparation information and resources
- Billing information
- Travel and arrival information (as applicable)
After your acceptance, our staff hosts a pre-departure orientation for students.
Passports and Visas
A valid passport is required for all programs. Visas are required for most semester programs, and some summer programs. Please read more about passports, visas, and how we will support students with the visa process.
- You will make your own travel arrangements to and from your program location, but we will provide you with detailed information about where and when to arrive after program acceptance.
- All students are required to arrive on time and be present for the duration of the program, including the on-site orientation.
If you are studying at Temple Rome, Temple Japan, Temple in Spain, or on a Temple faculty-led program, we will provide you with information about housing arrangements. To secure housing, you will submit a housing form and a non-refundable housing deposit by the deadline set for your particular program. If you are studying on an exchange or external program, your host institution or program will provide housing details.
On-site Orientation and Support
An on-site orientation typically takes place after you arrive in your host city and may include:
- Introductions to the faculty, staff and resources of the program
- Facilities and neighborhood tour
- Cultural norms and expectations
- Review of health and safety matters and emergency procedures
- Cultural activities/excursions
- Immigration procedures (as applicable)
- Dorm/homestay orientation (as applicable)
Details about on-site orientation is provided to accepted students before departure.
International Travel Medical Insurance & Health and Safety Support
All program participants will be covered by international travel medical insurance and have access to 24/7 global assistance. Visit our Health and Safety page to learn more about how we support your health and safety abroad and what you can do to prepare for a safe and successful experience.